Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Areas of Focus: Mobile Development or HTML5?

Title says it all. Which to focus on?

On one hand, mobile development is something I have been interested in for years. This goes back all the way to the pre-smartphone era for me. Something about seeing my program running on a hand held device was something that attracted me and still does. The situation has MUCH improved since then luckily.

With HTML5 the possibilities are endless. With mobile phones and tablets becoming more and more powerful this might eventually be the end all solution to cross platform problems. Are there any browsers that allow for HTML5 yet? Pixel perfect accuracy and drawing on a website? Check. Javascript instead of Java? Check.

While I ponder this maybe I'll take a stab a both in a simple way. If I'm going the mobile development route then it looks like it's time for me to get back into Linux full time. I always loved the Linux environment more even though it primarily consists of Eclipse and ADB.

I realize no one reads this yet but this would be a great time for someone to weigh in on both options. They are both going somewhere so either one isn't really a bad choice. .. Or is it? Please tell me something I don't know!






Well, at least it looks like I can integrate HTML5 with blogger in sort of a hackish way.

No comments:

Post a Comment